The Fattypants Papers

Fattypants writes about things that have actually happened to her...sometimes. Other times she writes about things that could have happened, but instead she made them up while going about her perfectly ordinary business. The 'Pants also reviews things like books, movies, foofie bath products, and anything else that strikes her fancy.

Thursday, August 31, 2006



Disgustingly Delicious, with no calories!

The following are the entertianment equivalents of Cheetos:

1. E! It's basically televised Star! Magazine. Sure, I'm an avid reader, but sometimes, I just find the 100 Greatest Celebrity Freak-outs completely riveting.

2. VH1 Celebreality. Like E!, with the added delciousness of B-list celebrities doing stuff like trying to lose weight, or my favorite...co-habitating.

3. Kelly Clarkson. I've never even watched American Idol. I don't really like pop. But if I'm tired on my wallk, all I have to do is steer my ipod to Since U Been Gone.

4. One Tree Hill. It makes Dawson's Creek look Emmy-worthy. In a cast of 10 regulars, I count 3 who have not been directly involved in a teen pregnancy and/or pregnancy scare at some point during the run or history of the show. It features a teen vixen who looks like she's at least 29, and an awesomly eeeevil, mustache twirling villian. Oh! And one of the characters is a singer, whose performances are featured on the show and on the soundtrack. How very Kids from Fame. Thank goodness it wasn't cancelled in the WB/UPN merger!

5. Movies with dancing. Oh, I'm not talking about Fred Astaire/Ginger Rogers classics. No. (Those are good, too.) No, the kind that are delicously disgusting are the ones made after 1980, involving teens, usually one from a strict family and one from the wrong side of the tracks. Excellent examples of this genre include Center Stage, and Footloose. An awesome variation resulted in the awesome The Cutting Edge. I haven't seen Step Up yet, because I'm too embarassed to go to the theater, but you can bet it's in my Netflix queue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home