The Fattypants Papers

Fattypants writes about things that have actually happened to her...sometimes. Other times she writes about things that could have happened, but instead she made them up while going about her perfectly ordinary business. The 'Pants also reviews things like books, movies, foofie bath products, and anything else that strikes her fancy.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006


Fall is coming!

Fall is in the air. I love Fall, and I'm so excited! I have every right to be, since I haven't gotten to experience a real Autumn since 2002. Sure, the leaves are pretty, but here are some other things I love about Fall:

1. No more hot weather. Sure, Summer's nice, but you can't tell me you didn't get tired of those nights when it was so hot nobody could sleep. Cold, crisp weather is my favorite, and we get the most of that in the Fall here.

2. TV. New shows to watch, and old favorites coming back. I've been waiting all summer to see what will happen next on Gilmore girls, House and Lost. I think I'll have more to say about TV later.

3. Sweaters. I'm tired of t-shirts and shorts. I want to wear cozy sweaters.

4. Back-to-school. As someone who grocery shops and does other errands during the day, I am really looking forward to classes being in session again.

5. It's a change. I think the change from Summer to Fall is the most dramatic season change. Fall kind of deteriorates gradually into Winter, Winter mellows out into Spring, and Spring just sort of blends into Summer (usually sometime around July 1), but it seems like the air all of a sudden gets a crispness to it around Labor Day, and there's Fall.

6. Soup. It's fun to make soup, and pot roast, and other things that simmer on the stove.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home