The Fattypants Papers

Fattypants writes about things that have actually happened to her...sometimes. Other times she writes about things that could have happened, but instead she made them up while going about her perfectly ordinary business. The 'Pants also reviews things like books, movies, foofie bath products, and anything else that strikes her fancy.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Dear Trader Joe,

You know how I love you...how I missed you when I was away. You've even changed for the better, with wonderful new products like Almost Whole Wheat Pizza Dough. Since I have a birthday cake to make soon, I was thrilled to discover "Decadent Chocolate Frosting" down one of your aisles.

But...

The front of the frosting label prominently announces that it is "Ready to Use" while on the back, there is practically a dissertation about why you really, really think I should whip it before frosting my cake. In my opinion, frosting that needs to be whipped is not ready to use; there's scooping it out of the jar into the mixer, doing the actualy whipping, and finally, cleaning the mixer bowl and beater. Sure, it won't take long, but it'll be a sticky, messy task. I will inevitably wind up with frosting in my hair. And since you gave me about 15 reasons why it should be whipped, now I really will feel bad if I use it right out of the jar.

I really don't like these mixed messages.

I'm sure it will be much better than Betty Crocker, so I probably still would have bought it if I knew about the whipping. But, maybe the label should say "just whip and spread" or something, instead of "Ready to Use."

Love,
Someone who can't stay mad at you as long as you keep making Triple Ginger Snaps.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:31 AM, Blogger KiKi said…

    The frosting was really, really, really good. Totally worth the whip.

     
  • At 5:05 PM, Blogger Thinposter said…

    Oh, totally worth it. That was the best frosting ever. Joe, I'm sorry I doubted you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home